Citizens' Consultative Committees
The Citizens’ Consultative Committees (CCCs) is a vital bridge between the people and the Government, the CCCs plan and lead major grassroots activities within the constituency, oversee local assistance programmes, and organise major fund-raising projects and national campaigns.
The CCCs organise various programmes to support PA’s mission
These programmes are designed to:
- Build strong community ties with events such as festival celebrations;
- Encourage residents to get to know and understand one another; and
- Support the Government and various agencies in nationwide campaigns such as dengue prevention, Clean & Green Week, Racial Harmony Month and Good Neighbour Day.
CCCs help implement/ administer assistance schemes for the needy and economically underprivileged in our community. These schemes include:
- CCCs ComCare Fund for urgent, temporary relief in hardship cases;
- Edusave Awards;
- Pre-School Outreach programmes; and
- Distribution of adhoc meal/ transport vouchers.
CCCs facilitate interaction between the people and the Government by explaining government policies and gathering feedback from residents. These bridging programmes include:
- Community forums involving residents; and
- Dialogue sessions with representatives from the Government agencies.
To find out more about the various programmes and initiatives of the CCCs for your constituency, you can approach your nearest CC.